WE'RE BACK!!!!!


Well, after a brief and somewhat ill-advised trip to Wordpress, Stranded in Hickville has returned.  I wonder if this isn't a bit how the Israelites felt upon returning home after wandering the desert for decades.  Only less triumphant.  A bit.

How'd I come to the conclusion that I needed to come back?  Pretty simple really.  While I don't have a single bad thing to say about my experience with Wordpress, it was a bit depressing to know that for me to have the kind of flexibility I wanted, I needed to shell out the cash.  Since I don't make money off my blog, I didn't feel like it was appropriate to pay for control I knew I'd have if I were to use Blogger.

Secondly, and more importantly, I needed to escape.  You see, sometimes you run into people who, for no apparent reason, become obsessed with you.  The stalk you online and make you uncomfortable in general.  I remembered something Rufus said in Dogma: if your enemies know where to find you, then don't be there.  So, I came back here since my pursuer doesn't know about Hickville.  At least, I assume she doesn't know.

Unfortunately, I've been gone long enough that I've lost all my old posts, but that's okay.  There plenty of time to build up the posts again.  Plenty of time.  So thanks for stopping by, or coming back if that be the case.  Let's have some fun!!    

Comments

  1. I felt the same way about Wordpress, not the stalker thing but the money requirement. They have a great setup if you have the fat stacks of cash to drop on a blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts