Fatty Goes to War with the Bulge



You see those four little red LED digits?  The ones that read "302.0"?  That's what I weighed when I stepped on the scale earlier this evening.  Three hundred and frakking two pounds.  To my knowledge, this is the heaviest I've ever been in my life.  I do like my music heavy, but this is ridiculous.  Something has to change.  Now.

The biggest issue is that I have heart health issues, and I'm supposed to be losing weight so my heart doesn't need to work so hard.  So, how have I put on 20+ pounds in the past couple months?  My guess is that it wasn't just one thing.  I went through a pretty serious bout of depression last month, brought on by my birthday and personal relationship troubles.  I've also been eating out A LOT recently.  And not healthy stuff.  Just whatever I want to eat.  I HAVE been feeling more attractive lately, and maybe I'm overeating to balance that out.  Who knows?

One thing I do know is that I'm fed up with feeling like crap all the friggin' time.  So, that's it.  Enough is enough.  I have way to much to do to die right now.  I'm am now officially at war with my waistline.  I gotta drop some mass.  80 pounds would probably be a good number to strive for, but that seems light-years away, so I'mma start with 10 and work from there.  It's time to change my lifestyle for the better.  Things are finally starting to turn around for me a bit.  I have to make sure I'm around to enjoy the good times when they get here.

Here's the deal: Every Sunday night I'll check in and let you, my loyal readers (I think there are at least two or three of you) how things are going.  I'll let you know what I'm doing for exercise.  I'll also share my highlights and low-lights from the weeks.  This way, I have someone to hold me accountable, and I can track my little victories.  Because that's how lasting weight loss is achieved: little victories.  The first shot in this war has been fired.  It's frakking go time!

Comments

Popular Posts