Guns n' Bullshit

I have to get this off my chest, and because I think people on both sides of this issue are a bunch of buffoons, I don't really care if I piss anyone off. If I do offend you, please feel free to unfriend me. (Also, I use a lot of bad words in this rant. You've been warned.)

Ahem...

Guns are waaaaaaaaaaay too easy to get in this country. And the fact is that there are some people who shouldn't have access to firearms. Like myself, for example. I have serious depression and anxiety issues, and I should not be allowed to own a gun. I mean, I would never willfully purchase a firearm in the first place, but because I'm so fucked in the head, I probably shouldn't have one.

That said, because guns are regulated so loosely, it would be easier for me to get an assault rifle than it is for me to squeeze into my pants in the morning. Now, suppose I get a gun, have a really bad day, fucking snap, and go shoot up a school, or a mall, or a fucking Burger King. How do you react?

I can hazard a guess. The fucking gun control advocates will start demanding that all guns everywhere be confiscated so that innocent people will stop dying. The fucking gun rights douche bags will start spouting bullshit rhetoric like "guns don't decide to kill people" or "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". Wayne LaPierre would probably fly in to give a speech involving prying his gun outta his cold, dead hand, probably just so he could keep receiving kickbacks from weapons manufacturers. And the real fucking problem would get lost in a fog.

Easy access to guns is at least part of the reason Orlando happened. That Mateen cock bag who shot up Pulse did so with a gun he legally purchased a week before his shooting spree. He got a gun in spite of the fact that he had been questioned by the FBI multiple fucking times about his ties to radical Islam. That isn't on ISIS. That shit's on us.

I don't see why it's such a fucking travesty to make guns harder to get. Make people who want a gun take safety training. Make em take a psych evaluation. Make it so it takes weeks to get a gun. It would definitely be an inconvenience for responsible gun owners wanting to purchase a new weapon. But it’s a lot more inconvenient being dead.

This makes a lot of sense to me, but I’m like 99.9% certain that nothing will change. The ignorance and stupidity of people on both sides of the issue is fucking staggering. Just getting a few realization into these people’s tiny little brains would be a great first step.

First off, gun control people need to take a lesson from history. Alcohol was prohibited, but that didn’t work out too well. And penalizing millions of responsible gun owners for the actions of a few just creates more issues. (I don't see having to wait to pass a psych test to be a penalty. Just delayed gratification.)

And the gun rights ass hats have to get it through their thick-ass redneck skulls that their personal rights to firearms in fact DO NOT trump the rights of others to, you know, not get shot. They also need to realize that when the Constitution was written, there was no way the Founding Fathers could have fathomed the destructive power that some of today’s firearms possessed. Maybe the 2nd Amendment is a little out of date.

Mostly, though, I just want to see people on both sides pull their heads out of their asses and sit down together for a thoughtful, respectful discussion on how we fix the gun violence problem in America. The old “good guy with a gun stops bad guy with a gun” logic is flawed. By the time the bad guy has his guns, it’s way too fucking late. We need to find a way to either get to the bad guys before they get guns or keep them from getting guns at all.

Comments

  1. I agree with you 100 %. One of the biggest obstacles in getting things taken care of, is the obscene amount of money being tossed around,especially by the NRA.Lobbyists,congressmen,manufacturers,etc. are bathing in cash. 1)Back round checks and psych backround checks At store level,gun show level, and private sellers should should be mandatory.Auto/semi-automatic weapons should be banned for private use or ownership.the only reason these guns are in existence is to kill people.period. 3)Ten day waiting period is a great idea. 4) Any of the Hunters out there who think they are being picked on and singled out...COME ON !Don't be such a moron.Anyone buying a gun should be subject to the same rules.5) All gun owners should have some form of a safety course,on file. Sorry, I ramble.I am a gun owner,and I keep it locked in a gunsafe. No one can get to it, and I don't think I'm a cowboy, I don't feel the need to carry it around.I do have it for target shooting,and personal protection,and I for one would have NO problem following any rules or regulations that would be set upon me.When I bought my gun,I was in and out of the store in about 30 minutes.There is not just one solution to all the shootings,there are several.look at some of the other countries in the world, and compare death rates. Maybe bringing some of the troops home from overseas,to help out in the cities that have gun deaths that are so high,they can " take back" some of those cities.I know my home town of Milwaukee, Wisconsin is one of those cities.Maybe this is one of those situations where "no suggestion is a stupid suggestion"? I just hope it doesn't get worse before it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to add on........Yes, the Constitution does need to be Amended for current day conditions.I don't understand why no one in congress has even thought about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts