TBLhR Playlist #2


I know I said I was done with the posts about churchy shit, but I lied. Actually, this is more churchy-adjacent than straight-up churchy. There are a lot of metal and rock songs out there that address subjects like religion, God, faith and spirituality, Some are celebratory, but most often, metal and rock look at religion with skepticism and mistrust, as if church is really a way to gain power over people and take their money. Since that's a view I adhere to now that I'm an angry old godless heathen, the songs about religion I like most tend to be critical, even disrespectful. Anyways, here's a playlist of my favorite church and God-related metal and rock songs. These are in no order other than how they came to me. Hope you enjoy it...

Brotherhood of the Snake by Testament

The God that Failed by Metallica

Make Me Laugh by Anthrax

Holy Wars/ The Punishment Due by Megadeth

After Forever by Black Sabbath

Failure of the Devout by Shadows Fall

Losing Faith by Arch Enemy

Dead God in Me by In Flames

To Hell with the Devil by Stryper

Holy Diver by Dio

Disciple by Slayer

Hymns and Crippled Anthems by The Red Chord

God of Emptiness by Morbid Angel

God Am by Alice in Chains

Christploitation by Fear Factory

Counterfeit God by Black Label Society

Send Me Your Money by Suicidal Tendencies

Priests of Sodom by Cannibal Corpse

Prophet of Hatred by Bolt Thrower

Miracle Man by Ozzy Osbourne

He Is by Ghost



Comments

Popular Posts