Fatty Thrashbrowns' 100% Pure Badass Motivational Get-My-Shit-Together 2020 Playlist

It's New Years Day 2020 as I type this. 2019 was the kind of year that shreds the soul, that depresses the spirit and leaves one feeling like a shell of your former self. 2019 wasn't the kind of year one celebrates as it passes. It was the kind of year one survives.

I spent Christmas of 2019 in Utah, crashing on my buddy Bishop's couch and visiting some of my nearest and dearest, people I love yet don't see nearly often enough. I met some amazing new friends.

In the midst of all this, I decided that 2020 HAS to be my year. I have to get myself stable mentally, emotionally and financially. I will have to work harder than I've ever worked in my entire life. I'll have to be resilient, strong and wise enough to know when I can carry my burdens on my own and when to ask for help.  So much can be accomplished in the space of a year, but to accomplish it, I need to go to war.

And every war needs a kickass soundtrack!

So this is the first installment in my 2020 100% Pure Badass Motivational Get-My-Shit-Together Playlist. These are songs that buoy my spirit, pump me up and most importantly, give me hope. I'll update this several times throughout the year. Maybe I'll even create a Spotify playlist with these tunes.

Anyway, here's the first twenty tracks. Heh. Twenty for 2020. Anyways, throw up those horns and let's get our shit together. TOGETHER!

1. You Can't Bring Me Down by Suicidal Tendencies





2. Nemesis by Arch Enemy



3. All We Are by Warlock



4. The Darkest Nights by As I Lay Dying



5. I Wanna Be Somebody by W.A.S.P.




6. Strength of the Mind by Killswitch Engage



7. My Will Be Done by Unearth




8. One Against All by Amon Amarth




9. Best I Can by Queensryche




10. Hail to the Hordes by Kreator



11. The Air the I Breathe by All That Remains




12. I Will Rule the Universe by Civil War





13. Wasted Years by Iron Maiden



14. The Power of I and I by Shadows Fall



15. Gimme the Prize by Queen


16. Hope Remains by Times of Grace


17. Ascendancy by Trivium


18. We're Not Gonna Fall by Children of Bodom


19. Music Box by Thrice


20. We Rock by Dio


BONUS TRACK: Let the Bridges Burn by Killswitch Engage


BONUS TRACK: I Don't Wanna Be An Asshole Anymore by The Mensingers


There you have it. A big ol' slab of loud-ass rock music that's gonna have the difficult task of keeping me optimistic that tomorrow will be better than today and a fuck-ton better than yesterday. I'll definitely add future installments. And if you have suggestions, songs that keep you in good spirits and motivate you to carry on, send it my way. We'll see you down the road...



Comments

Popular Posts