When Fatty's Blog Emerges From The Rebirth Chamber...

Changes. Changes are coming. First, the backstory...

Once, there was a time where I blogged consistently. Like two or three times a day sometimes. My paced slowed but I still tried to consistently blog, just in case people missed me.

Then, I got a job where I write a weekly entertainment column and review movies for an online news outlet. Suddenly, I had an outlet for any commentary I had on nerdy stuff. The blog fell out of use.

But life has kind of a dickish sense of humor, and while my column is supposed be nerdy, my editor has instructed me to stay away from subjects that might be too niche-y. Which makes very little sense to me since, to me, "nerd" and "niche-stuff-lover" are basically interchangeable terms. But, I guess that's the price you pay for writing for an news outlet whose readership is predominantly 25-34 year-old mothers.

But I still want to talk about stuff that's super nerdy. Also, I get sick of having to watch my language. Sometimes, using cuss words is the best way to express what you want to say. I felt kinda stuck until I remembered "Duh, I still have my blog."

So, here's what's gonna happen. Stranded in Hickville is going to become my outlet, where I go to talk out stuff 24-35 year-old moms don't care about. And I'm no longer going to censor myself. If I wanna use profanity, I'm gonna use profanity.

Content-wise, I'm still gonna blog about movies, music, sci-fi, and life in general. This is where I'll go to get shit off my chest. I'll probably even post about politics, but a little. But, apart from that, I'll still yap about the same shit I love to yap about.

So, yeah. Stranded in Hickville is being resurrected after a long damn period of inactivity. Fasten your seatbelts. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Yours truly,

Fatty Thrashbrowns

Comments

Popular Posts