On NaNoWriMo 2014

It's November.  Again.  That means National Novel Writing Month, and I'm participating for the fifth straight year.  But this is the least excited I've ever been for NaNo.  I chalk that up to several factors:


  1. There's less of a feeling of challenge, cuz I know I can do this.  I've done it four times already and "won" it every time.  It feels kinda like been there, done that.
  2. I'm not excited about what I'm writing, even though it's something I've wanted to write since before I knew I wanted to be a writer.  I can change gears and do something different, and I'm planning on it.  But I'm not happy with my slow start.
  3. There are other things in life that seem more important right now.  With everything that's going on, I'm having a tough time justifying writing 50,000 words of something nobody else will ever read.  Is that really the best way to spend my life right now?
I DO really wanna write something, so I'll come up with something and I will hit 50K.  I'm just not feeling it right now.  Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts